Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why Should Crocheters Have all the Fun?

Amigurumi Knits: patterns for 20 cute mini knits by Hansi Singh
Creative Publishing international, pub. 2009
ISBN: 9781589234352

Unfortunately, I'm not a crocheter. It's not because I don't want to be but because I find it really difficult! I've tried to crochet a number of times but I just don't get it. I've always admired adorably crocheted amigurumi animals and the great shapes and structures you just can't get with knitting, so I was delighted to see this book.

For those not familiar, amigurumi (pronounced ah-mee-goo-roo-mee) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small cute stuffed animals. In the last few years it has become really popular and I have found it difficult to get books with knitting patterns.

This book is a great introduction to amigurumi with easy patterns. The book is divided into two sections. The first outlines knitting techniques with wonderful photographs. The second section consists of cute projects. If you are an experienced knitter you may want to jump right to section two but if you are a new knitter you'll want to read over the techniques in section one. The great thing about this book is that every technique used in a pattern is fully explained in section one.

I haven't given any of the projects a try myself but I don't find any of the projects too daunting and I love the inspirational photos. A definite must for anyone looking for cute and quick knitting projects.

Skill Level: Beginner
Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment