Saturday, October 1, 2011

Straight up Awesome!


Sewing in a Straight Line by Brett Bara
Potter Craft, pub. 2011
ISBN: 978-0307586650 

I had to wait a while for this one to become available at the public library but it was worth the wait. The introductory section of the book outlines all the requisite "how-to" techniques with helpful illustrations. The book is then divided into sections such as "straight up chic fashion", "cozy crafty home", and "quick cute gifts". My personal favourite is the "cozy crafty home" section. The "15 minute shams" are super quick and satisfying to make and I love how deceptively complex the "wonky diamonds" quilt looks. I haven't gone so far as to actually whip up one of these but it is definitely a project on my to-do list. Lots of great projects to choose from, I dare you to open this book and NOT find something you want to get started on!

Check out Brett Bara's website here for more info on the book.

Skill Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Rating: ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment