Saturday, March 19, 2011

Crochet Away

I've recently started crocheting and I'm trying to master the infamous granny square before I move onto more complicated patterns. So far I'm really enjoying making squares and I'm starting to get how to read the patterns.

One of my favourite books right now is 200 Crochet Blocks for blankets, throws, and afghans by Jan Eaton.

I love the MANY patterns in this book! It could keep even the most advanced crocheter busy for months. I also find that there is a really good range of basic, intermediate, and advanced square patterns. The patterns are really helpful in showing the difficulty of the square and whether or not it is crocheted in the round or in rows. The sample afghans aren't really my style but the range of colours and the "mix and match" suggestions are great. I borrowed this from the library but will definitely buy a copy for myself. A must-have reference for every afghan lover out there!

Interweave Press, pub. 2004
ISBN: 9781931499682

Skill Level: Beginner - Advanced
Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment