Monday, July 5, 2010

The Most Fun You'll Have With a Dictionary

400 Knitting Stitches by Potter Craft
Potter Craft, pub. 2009
ISBN: 9780307462732

Every knitter; whether a newbie or an oldie, should have this book on their shelf. Before I picked it up I couldn't have even name 10 stitch patterns, so I was delighted to have in my hands 400 stitch patterns all in one book!

It is a bit difficult to review a dictionary of stitch patterns because the content is self explanatory, but I can comment on the wonderful layout and photos.

The book is divided into ten sections:
1. Knitting basics
2. Knit-purl stitches
3. Crossed stitches and cables
4. Slipped stitches
5. Lacy stitches
6. Double stitches
7. Twisted stitches
8. Cast-off stitches
9. Fancy stitches
10. Symbols

As you can see from the categories anyone of any skill level can pick up this book and start simple. I haven't yet braved cables, twisted or fancy stitches and I still find new stitches to try every time I flip through it. The photos of the stitches are so very helpful and the patterns are easy to follow with both text and symbol grids. 

Skill Level: Beginner - Advanced
Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment