Friday, July 2, 2010

Doodling Isn't a Waste of Time!

Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray
Lark Books, pub. 2007
ISBN: 9781600590610

I can't say enough about this book! I purchased if for the library I was working at in early 2008 and we could barely keep it on the shelf! Sure, I had it checked out for an extended period of time, but it was definitely a book worth waiting for in the hold queue!

What I love about this book is its inspiring photos, the practical projects, and most of all that a beginner can pick it up and learn everything they need to know about embroidery to complete every project in the book. I've used some of the embroidery ideas myself on some Blythe clothes I made and loved the result. You can take any old piece of clothing and make it totally unique. After picking up this book you'll be trying your hand at doodle embroidery in no time!

You can purchase this wonderful book from Aimee Ray's Etsy Shop or visit her blog to see what else she's up to!

Skill Level: Beginner
Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment